Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LoinServer error when attemting to login  (Read 98 times)

Offline gg3l

• L2jHellas User
LoinServer error when attemting to login
« on: July 14, 2020, 05:12:11 pm »
After entering the user and password (l2 client) and hitting the login button, the login server shows this error and the login process dos not work:

Code: [Select]
Exception in thread "SelectorThread-18" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.ByteBuffer.clear()Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;
        at com.l2jhellas.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.prepareWriteBuffer(SelectorThread.java:514)
        at com.l2jhellas.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.writePacket(SelectorThread.java:464)
        at com.l2jhellas.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.run(SelectorThread.java:170)

Offline AbsolutePower

• L2jDeveloper
  • Head Developer
  • L2jHellas User
Re: LoinServer error when attemting to login
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 06:53:50 pm »
After entering the user and password (l2 client) and hitting the login button, the login server shows this error and the login process dos not work:

Exception in thread "SelectorThread-18" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.ByteBuffer.clear()Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;
        at com.l2jhellas.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.prepareWriteBuffer(SelectorThread.java:514)
        at com.l2jhellas.mmocore.network.SelectorThread.writePacket(SelectorThread.java:464)
show me whole error , or this is it?

i need more info.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:24:49 pm by AbsolutePower »

Offline gg3l

• L2jHellas User
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 09:16:09 pm »

show me whole error , or this is it?

i need more info.

This is the whole error. The build is v566.

All I did was to compile the server, install the database, set ip and database in login/gameserver configs and run it.

Offline RuLLezZ

• L2jHellas User
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 01:08:00 am »
Check your JDK version it should be jdk1.8.0_251.

Go to eclipse ---> window ---> preferences ---> java ---> installed JREs.

Offline gg3l

• L2jHellas User
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 06:03:00 pm »
Check your JDK version it should be jdk1.8.0_251.

Go to eclipse ---> window ---> preferences ---> java ---> installed JREs.

That was the problem. I was using jdk-14.0.1.
After switching to jdk-11.0.8 (LTS), it worked fine.

Thanks for the help.