Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: [GUIDE] Ubuntu with Remote Desktop for your L2J Server.  (Read 2072 times)

porthos

[GUIDE] Ubuntu with Remote Desktop for your L2J Server.
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:11 am »
This is a simple guide for installing gui and remote desktop for ubuntu: LINK

In case you are wondering how to install mysql, java etc. You can download all these things from the Ubuntu Software Center once you finish the guide successfully.

Also here is Navicat Lite for Linux:  LINK (Requires Wine)

This post is mine in case you think otherwise here is the original: http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=3869.0

This is also stickied in the official l2jserver.com forums: http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27481

Hope you find it helpfull.

Andon19

Re: [GUIDE] Ubuntu with Remote Desktop for your L2J Server.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:38:56 am »
This is a simple guide for installing gui and remote desktop for ubuntu: LINK

In case you are wondering how to install mysql, java etc. You can download all these things from the Ubuntu Software Center once you finish the guide successfully.

In any faking way this guide is not usefull everything that you download for Software Center is old and not update. SO if want to install something in UBUNTU you could do it just manually from website in order to be update and last version.

With this "guide" you just show how just take everything ready guy you are !
Before making a post, 1) check it personally 2)try to find any misunderstand and 3)after that PUBLISH it. That's the reason why lineage is not anymore prefered and in 10 server 9 will close cause everyone want be "pro dev" with finding every single thing ready and even put his mind to work :/

porthos

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:05:31 am »
I dont understand why you are mad all of a sudden.

This guide has helped a lot of people on the forums i have posted it.

It seems to me you are pissed on how easy it has become to set up a server.

And FYI this guide is not for installing mysql,java etc. Its for how to set up your ubuntu to have remote desktop support.

Offline Boorinio

• Head Developer
  • L2jHellas User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »
i think it's usefull and thanks for posting it!

Offline Nightwolf

• Dalek
  • Developer
  • L2jHellas User
  • Exterminate!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:48:26 pm »
Greetings its a very usefull and good guide thank you for your time porthos! :)
Andon19 create a guide first and then speak for others, no offence but you gave up on setting up an ubuntu 12 lineage server.

Andon19

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:44:43 am »
Greetings its a very usefull and good guide thank you for your time porthos! :)
Andon19 create a guide first and then speak for others, no offence but you gave up on setting up an ubuntu 12 lineage server.

1)The software which is downloaded from software center is not update i test it on linux ubuntu 12 eclipse from software center and FAILED so i dowloaded manually some the java platform.

2)I try and i failed 3 fucking weeks and nop i was from one problem to another.. There was no reason to continue or as you want to say i am a kiddy retard.everything is possible.

3) The reason i am pissed off? I want one FUCKING time in my life to see how one l2j server works on LINUX.nop more !

4) Sorry if i bother you and i waste your time :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:57:27 am by Andon19 »

Andon19

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 12:49:01 am »
I dont understand why you are mad all of a sudden.

This guide has helped a lot of people on the forums i have posted it.

It seems to me you are pissed on how easy it has become to set up a server.

And FYI this guide is not for installing mysql,java etc. Its for how to set up your ubuntu to have remote desktop support.

Respected your opinion and i think is my mistake then. BUT linux ubuntu 12 installation needs new GUIDE with valid programs, compiling and setting up the server. That's what i want to say.

Offline Nightwolf

• Dalek
  • Developer
  • L2jHellas User
  • Exterminate!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:17 am »
why 12? there is ubuntu 13 out there..

porthos

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 10:01:51 am »
I believe people with half a brain could figure out that the guide is a little old, also i mention that whatever your host is offering as latest get one version earlier. Also i mention that these things between hosts may be different.

But despite all that, the tutorial is pretty standart stuff that wont change dramatically when a new version of ubuntu comes out. I've been doing the same exactly things since version 10.04 of ubuntu without problems.

Andon19

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:53:55 am »
Well look what i mean when i download eclipse from Download Center it is the galileo version which has some bugs and you can't compile so i downloaded manually from the website of eclipse new version of kepler.

Same with java. In any way it doesn't work with eclipse. so you have to downloaded from oracle.com

What i WANT to that some stuff of linux in latest versions which is being download from software center are not update => propably will not work

MY MISTAKE : I complain in wrong post. I try to make a new guide for setting up a server on linux ubuntu 12 cause also was my desire but when i did something right after always has been appear a problem and bla bla so i give it up... BUT my desire is to see an update guide in order to test 1 fucking time how work a server on linux. I had try all version of windows and i hadn't seen something dif.

porthos

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 11:03:06 am »
you dont really have to do everything on the linux machine. I compile my server on my own windows running computer and then i upload the files on my dedicated server. but i believe you try to do this on your own pc running ubuntu. about the programs not being the latest if you run sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get upgrade you should be able to get the latest versions available, especially sudo apt-get update is the one for updating the repositories so you can get the latest software available.